Friday, November 19, 2010





What a wonderful Thanksgiving feast we had! To celebrate all that we have learned about the Pilgrims, Native Americans, and the first Thanksgiving, we had a feast and invited our families. We packed lots of people into our classroom (just like people were packed onto the Mayflower), moved away all of our desks, brought in lots of food, and had a giant feast. We ate on the ground just like they did at the first Thanksgiving feast and shared our food with friends and family. We used our place mats that we wove together and wore our Pilgrim collars or Native American headbands. We even got to do a craft and write what we were thankful on turkey feathers. It was a wonderful day that we have been looking forward to all week!
**My camera has not been working so swell so most of my pictures came out blurry...sorry!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for this blog where I get to read what my very best friend in the whole wide world is doing with her favorite kindergarteners. I would have loved to be at your feast! I would have brought corn. And, I would have worn a headband with colorful feathers.

    ReplyDelete